Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Going for a walk

We were invited to a play date today. As the location was less than a mile away, I figured walking there would be a lot easier than loading up all the kids at 7 a.m. to take Ryan to school and then loading them all up again to pick him up when he was finished. Besides, the kids would probably enjoy the fresh air.

Little did I know, people must not go for walks in Birmingham. I had three people stop and ask me if everything was okay. (Two on the way there, and one on the way back--the last one was a cop). Did I need a ride? Had my car broken down? Apparently a mother out walking with two kids was a bit of an anomaly, so something had to be wrong.

At least I know that if something does go wrong and I end up walking by the side of the road, help shouldn't be too far away.

No comments:

Post a Comment