I can't believe that V is already going to school. He has been so excited, and has enjoyed the extra attention he's received. Daddy made brownies Sunday night and I made peach pancakes in the morning (which earned me the name 'cool pancake maker'). He was also able to write his name on his backpack and cup and wear a new outfit.
I was probably one of the only moms that didn't walk their new kindergartner into the school, but we had practiced at back to school night and he said he knew where to go. My good friend also ended up being there and she accompanied him in. She said that he did great, that he went right where he was supposed to go and didn't act scared, nervous or sad.
When I picked him up, he was all smiles and was so excited about telling me everything that he couldn't even buckle himself in. He wasn't sure if he'd made friends yet, but he was the door man at some point (holding it open for the others?) and he recited the entire story of the 'Gingerbread man' to me. He also had his special folder with his name on it that had all his pictures he had made.
So far, so good. Though he was surprised to learn that he was going to school again tomorrow. Apparently he thought it was a one time thing.
Here's some pictures from this morning. He was so excited, I couldn't get him to hold still:
No comments:
Post a Comment