I haven't blogged in awhile, but I am just beginning to feel like we are reentering the real world. Yep, pretty much the entire month of February was taken up with this:
R was fouled at an indoor soccer game at the beginning of the month, after which, I received a phone call where R simply stated, "I think I messed up my knee."
What followed was a lot of driving around (I got to know downtown Birmingham really well), shuffling kids around, and waiting at doctor's offices.
Anyway, it turns out that R had torn his ACL (our doctor friend informed us that he wasn't an orthopedist but even he could see that the knee was really messed up), and had to go under the knife.
The kids had the hardest time adjusting to the whole situation. It was very difficult to have Daddy getting a lot of Mom's attention:
The day of R's surgery, V was complaining about how much his finger hurt. I found out that it was just a paper cut, and I told him that he'd live. V, however, had different ideas. He kept complaining about it for another 3 hours, at which point I finally had a few minutes to get him a band-aid.
After about 10 minutes of blissful silence, V came up to me and said, "I forgot, that was the wrong finger."
Thankfully we have a lot of friends that stepped in and helped us out. It ended up being a very long February, but everything is going well, and I have high hopes for March...I guess we'll see.
R was fouled at an indoor soccer game at the beginning of the month, after which, I received a phone call where R simply stated, "I think I messed up my knee."
What followed was a lot of driving around (I got to know downtown Birmingham really well), shuffling kids around, and waiting at doctor's offices.
Anyway, it turns out that R had torn his ACL (our doctor friend informed us that he wasn't an orthopedist but even he could see that the knee was really messed up), and had to go under the knife.
The kids had the hardest time adjusting to the whole situation. It was very difficult to have Daddy getting a lot of Mom's attention:
The day of R's surgery, V was complaining about how much his finger hurt. I found out that it was just a paper cut, and I told him that he'd live. V, however, had different ideas. He kept complaining about it for another 3 hours, at which point I finally had a few minutes to get him a band-aid.
After about 10 minutes of blissful silence, V came up to me and said, "I forgot, that was the wrong finger."
Thankfully we have a lot of friends that stepped in and helped us out. It ended up being a very long February, but everything is going well, and I have high hopes for March...I guess we'll see.
No comments:
Post a Comment